Saturday, November 21, 2009

FRIDAY


This Friday was special, the end of the work week and the end of work for me for awhile. I am on my way to Chicago again for family matters and I am not quite sure when I will return. There were a few things I wanted and needed to do before taking off. I want to celebrate a birthday that I will miss and the holidays so I made a lunch reservation for Friday and invited two special people. So yesterday, a cold rainy day in San Francisco we had a celebratory lunch at one of our favorite restaurants Salt House.

We drove to the restaurant planning to park in a nearby parking lot but the parking gods were with us because we found a parking space in front of the door! Ok, it was a one hour metered space but who cares it was in front of the restaurant door so we had a nice leisurely lunch feeding the meter as needed. That’s the way City Slickers do it!

The food was sublime; between us we had the Crispy Shrimp Salad with Spicy Green Beans and Serrano Ham, Cassoulet (a perfect dish on a cool rainy day), Foie Gras Torchon and a Clam Stew with Beans, Kale and Linguica Sausage. Everything was perfectly seasoned and tasty; the Spicy Green Beans were so good and spiced with Harrisa. Needless to say we had a lovely glass of wine with our meal! We finished the meal with the Yuzu Panna Cotta, it was light and creamy and very flavorful with the candied Buddha’s Hand on top.

It was really wonderful to share this beautiful meal with two special people, a nice way to end the week!

1 comment:

Hungry Dog said...

Hey, the photos turned out really well!! It was a wonderful lunch, both food and company! Happy thanksgiving to you & your family :)

Hungry Dog