Saturday, November 21, 2009

SATURDAY MORNING

Since I will be on the road again tomorrow I wanted to have a nice dinner at home tonight so off we went to the Farmer’s Market in the Ferry Building in search of dinner. We didn’t get as early a start as usual but I was pretty sure that my fish monger would still have something good and I was sure I could find really vegetables as well.

We arrived at the Ferry Building around 11:00 am so we immediately went to the fish monger and pick up a really lovely piece of sea bass. Then to the vegetable stands where we picked up beets and fava beans, my menu was formulating in my mind. The plan was to do something with the fava beans and we would have a meal.

After making a few other stops to by bread, snacks, fruit for the plane, bread from Acme and dessert from Miette it was time for lunch. We decided to try our luck at the Slanted Door and much to our surprise we got a table! The Slanted Door always pleases; we had oysters, Vietnamese crepe with shrimp and pork, five spice chicken and cellophane noodles with crab. The five-spice chicken wasn’t as spicy as I thought it would be but it was fresh and good, everything else was perfect and oh so delicious!

I love the Farmers Market in the Ferry Building, absolutely!

Home I go to nap, relax & pack by bags.

No comments: